Sunday night for dinner I prepared balsamic Italian chicken legs, spaghetti squash, and Pasta Roni white cheddar shells (made with lactose free milk for the lactose intolerant man of the house). This was a pretty easy meal as I just needed to thaw the chicken legs which went into the freezer marinaded already. They roasted at the same time as the spaghetti squash for a super tasty and easy meal. Even my 5 year old proclaimed that it was the best chicken ever as he ate every ounce of meat off.
- 1/2cu balsamic vinegrette
- 2tbsp italian seasoning mix
-3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 chicken legs
- medium size spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- spaghetti sauce or favorite topping
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a quart size zip top bag and add the chicken legs. Squeeze as much air out of the bag as possible. Let marinade at least 2hrs or ideally overnight. You can also do as I did and freeze the chicken with the marinade. Just take it out of the freezer and place in the fridge the night before you want to serve it.
2. Preheat oven to 425* and prepare a large baking sheet. Fit the sheet with a baking rack or crumpled foil to place the chicken onto. This allows air to circulate and the skin to crisp up on all side without the addition of oil.
3. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Brush the flesh with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
4. Place the baking sheet with chicken and squash into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes. You want the squash to be soft enough to pierce with a fork and the juices from the chicken to run clear.
5. Remove the sheet from the oven and use a fork to scrape the flesh from the squash. Top with your favorite sauce or other topping. Enjoy!