Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pad Thai inspired shrimp peanut stirfry

This is a meal that combines some of my favorite flavors of pad thai noodles. When I cook I rarely measure anything because I always add a little to make the flavor suit what I want. I will tell you what I started out with as a base. Feel free to adjust to fit your own taste. This can be served over any kind of noodles. As you can see from the picture I used a rice stick noodle...

1tsp fresh finely grated ginger (if you've never dealt with fresh ginger I show you how to hold a spoon and scrape the outer layer off)
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4cu green onion
1/4 cu cilantro
12oz bag of frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
Bag of stir fry veggies
1/2 cu peanut butter
1/4 cu lime juice
1/2cu chopped peanuts
Red chili flakes
Noodles

1. Saute ginger, garlic, cilantro, and green onion in oil until fragrant. Add in frozen veggies and cook until they are thoroughly heated.

2. Make a spot in the center of the pan. Add the peanut butter and lime juice. Cook while stirring for about a minute before adding in the shrimp. Stir everything together. Put the peanuts and red chili flakes to taste.

3. Toss in your choice of prepared noodles and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment