I'm sick and that means something simple needed to happen for dinner tonight. This was my grocery shopping day today, so I was able to grab the ingredients for this easy recipe. Pillsbury 3 Ingredient Chicken and Broccoli Bubble Bake is a great recipe to keep on hand for those times when quick is what you need. I cooked my chicken in a little evoo with minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. The things I did differently were to thaw the broccoli and cheese sauce in the skillet with the chicken so none of the sauce is left in the package. During the last 5 minutes of cooking I sprinkled on shredded cheese. Two thumbs up! You could easily modify this recipe by swapping what you put on top of the biscuits. Pizza sauce and pepperoni would be good. Thin sliced steak, peppers, onions, and alfredo sauce is another winner...
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Friday, November 8, 2013
These are ridiculously easy and customizable. I had a box of spice cake mix for pumpkin cupcakes and these bananas were going bad so I threw thia together. You could mix in nuts or fresh fruit even! I topped mine with a mix of oatmeal and brown sugar for some crunch. The muffins came out light and fluffy (not as dense as traditional banana muffins).
Box cake mix
4-5 bananas mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350* and prepare a cupcake pan with liners or spray.
2. Mix box of cake mix and bananas together. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way.
3. Bake for 16-18min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Friday, October 11, 2013
I modified a few no chill pie recipes I've seen floating around. I didn't want to use pre-prepared pie filling since they always have a weird taste to me. This filling makes a heaping extra large pie or could be split between two regular sized crust. You can also save the extra cup or so you heap on top to dip graham crackers, apple slices, or ginger snap cookies. I whipped this up quickly and it chilled in time to slice after dinner served with another dollop of whipped topping.
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2cu brown sugar
1/2cu granulated sugar
2 1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 can pure pumpkin
8oz tub whipped topping
1 prepared x-large graham cracker crust
1. Beat together cream cheese, sugars, vanilla, and spices until fluffy.
2. Slowly add in pumpkin until well combined then fold in 1/2 the tub of whipped topping.
3. Pour into graham cracker crust and chill for at least 2hrs.
4. Serve dolloped with whipped cream
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Last night for dinner I threw together a tater tot casserole. The great thing about tater tot casserole is you can customize it however you want. The meat, veggies, sauce, and add ons are all your choice! The only constant is using tater tots for the topping before it's baked. In this variation I used alfredo sauce and Italian herbs. All of my measurements are approximate since I just cook enough for my family. This fed 3 kids, 2 adults, and left one large portion leftover when made in a 9x13 dish. I attempted stuffed breadsticks and the cheese oozed out. They were still delicious, haha!
1cu chopped onion
1lb lean ground turkey
14oz frozen veggies
16oz alfredo sauce
2cu skim milk cheese
2lb bag tater tots
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Take tater tots and veggies out the freezer. Sauté onions and garlic in a small amount of olive oil until translucent.
2. In the same skillet brown the turkey and season as you want then add in the frozen veggies. Cook for about 5min before pouring on alfredo sauce. If you want to use some on the top only use half the jar.
3. Place turkey mixture into casserole dish, sprinkle on cheese, and cover with a layer of tater tots (I used all but about 3cu of the bag). If you saved some sauce drizzle it on top.
4. Place in oven uncovered and bake for about 30min or until the tots are as brown as you like.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
I purchased my seeds at Trader Joe's and on the back of the packet there was a recipe for pudding. Texturewise it goes down like tapioca. If you chew it there's a bit of a crunch. I've included pictures of the seeds after they hydrate, as soon as I mixed the pudding, and again when it was ready.
1cu chocolate almond milk
Friday, April 19, 2013
Monday, February 4, 2013
3 cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
1 1/2cu sauce
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Mix chicken, veggies, and sauce together and place into 9x13 baking pan.
2. Prepare cornbread as directed on back of box and spread over top.
3. Cover with foil and begin to bake.