Saturday, February 2, 2013

Peach Pineapple Cobbler

You can thank a late night craving for this one, haha. I wanted a peach cobbler with a little tang and thought of pineapples. I easily had all the ingredients on hand in my cupboard/fridge. The bonus is it taste great AND makes your house smell like peaches. Have I mentioned how I love the Blogger iPad app? It lets me do all my editing and pictures right in the app. I wish I could adjust the hue of the pictures here since some appear kinda bluish, but you get he idea. To was definitely delicious. The edges were buttery and slightly sweet. I preferred it sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon for that caramel effect. You can easily adapt this with different fruits. You need about 4-6cu of fruit when it goes into the oven. The peaches cooked down some during baking. I'm already thinking of maybe a mango pineapple and substitute coconut milk for the plain milk in the baking mix!!

29oz can peaches packed in juice (1cu juice reserved)
20oz can pineapple chunks packed in juice, drained
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1cu sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
Ground cinnamon and brown sugar, optional

1. In a saucepan heat the peaches with juice and drained pineapple to boiling. Let cook uncovered for about 10 minutes until syrupy.

2. Meanwhile, place the butter into a 9x13 baking pan and place into the oven. Preheat the oven on 350*.

3. Mix the self rising flour, sugar, and milk. Carefully pour over butter in dish, but DO NOT stir. Spoon fruit over and then slowly drizzle remaining drizzle. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little brown sugar if desired.

4. Place into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the batter comes out clean.

5. Serve topped with your favorite creamy topper and enjoy! Can be served warm or cold.











1 comment: